Wednesday 3 August 2011

Changes and testing times

For the first time in many years I haven't blogged for 11 days. I have been posting more and more on Parelli Connect and it seems once I have done that all the words about our latest happenings disappear from my brain!
Plus I have been ill with a virus, my Patterjack dog killed a goose at the yard and I just felt all wrong. Made some very major changes in my personal life too so things are very different for me at the moment.
We have been playing a lot and making great breakthroughs online while our freestyle riding has deteriorated.
The last time I rode was Saturday and some of it wasn't very pleasant. B refused to leave the yard so instead of trying all our usual stuff I hopped off and asked her to do lots of things as we crossed the yard, road and into the woods. Travelling circles, falling leaf, yield HQ and once in the woods zone 5 driving to the log where I got on. I had butterflies in my guts for most of the time and although I think they were flying in formation it wasn't until we went in the lead after the last turn that I relaxed completely.

When I woke up Sunday morning the thought of riding made me feel sick! We played in the arena with Sandra and Bert joining us for a while. It was only when I told Sandra I wouldn't be riding that the sick feeling went. Immediately! After Sandra left we were in the arena for 2 hours! Even the boiling hot sun didn't seem to bother me. I swapped between 22', 45' and the featherlight lines. The featherlights were the most interesting. It's only the second time I have used them and this time I really understood how. It was very interesting to see how B reacted to them, showed all her braciness which I experience when riding.

When we had enough playing I took the line off and tried some liberty. Although B left energetically it was very easy to catch her. I just walked past and she kind of hooked on and came with me. I am still keeping near the gate and it was great fun to see her blasting around but still coming back to me for a butt scratch before I put the line back on we left.

I spent the whole weekend pondering what is going on and what I needed to do about it. Couldn't quite put my finger on it but I am sure when I do it will be a BFO!

No comments:

Post a Comment