Tuesday 12 July 2011

Go away!


I went to get B in Monday eve and there she was squirting for brown Bertie and generally telling me she was busy. The pair of them left this field going into the next. I followed them where B decided she did want to be caught after all.


We had a great walk in the woods this morning with a lot of zone 5 driving game. I focused on being particular and polite about B doing as I asked and being in the proper position all the time. We also got some lovely sideways in trot. Plus some circle game in the empty car parks in the woods.

This evening she didn't want to come in. Brown Bert stays out at night so I guess B wanted to stay with him. It is after all how horses live naturally but it really does feel strange for me to leave her out in the field. How conditioned I am!

2 comments:

  1. I love leaving them out 24/7 - especially after a long winter of yarding at night... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the best way for horses to live but my yard just doesn't really like it. Some do live out all summer except for weekends but B seems to want to come in every evening.

    ReplyDelete